The Bengals Tuesday announced they have waived defensive end Takk McKinley because of a failed physical, just six days after the club inked the former 2017 first-round pick.
Bengals coach Zac Taylor said on Monday that McKinley was participating in virtual meetings.
It sounded from the coaches point of view that the club was pumped to have him on the roster to add to the pass rush, one that didn’t have any impact on the Steelers in their 36-10 loss on Sunday afternoon in Pittsburgh.
“Now, we can actually get him in the building and get a chance to know him and integrated him into the scheme and start to use him and obviously he should be able to rush the passer for us,” Taylor said Monday via ESPN.
McKinley was available after he was released by the Atlanta Falcons.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on