If the Bengals are going to be successful at all in 2020, they are going to need the services of wide out A.J. Green.
The team’s leading receiver has been on the sidelines for about a week with a hamstring injury, but NFL.com reports that he’s back and returned to the field on Wednesday.
The star receiver was in shoulder pads, wearing a sleeve on his left leg, and was taking reps in position drills early in practice, per Tyler Dragon of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Getting Green back on the practice field 18 days before the season opener against the Los Angeles Chargers is a boon to the Bengals offense, led by No. 1 overall pick Joe Burrow.
Green missed all of last season due to a foot injury. The seven-time Pro Bowler has played in just nine games the past two seasons due to injury.
When Green suffered the hamstring tweak last week, the Bengals planned to be cautious with the veteran. Getting him back on the practice field this week indicates they’re confident the soft-tissue injury won’t linger.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on