USA Today has released an interesting article regarding the ever unpopular (at least for players) ‘Franchise tag’ and how team’s may use it in 2020.
It seems like every team has an option to use the franchise tag, which stops a player from even negotiating with outside teams and forces them to stay put.
To see the entire list of all 32 teams and the players that might be franchised, click HERE.
Here’s what the article has to say about the Bengals, who they say may franchise wide out A.J. Green.
Even though WR A.J. Green will cost more than $18 million to tag, it’s probably prudent to retain him even in light of his recent injuries … especially if it will, in fact, smooth QB Joe Burrow’s anticipated arrival.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on