Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green was spotted in a walking boot on Monday but head coach Marvin Lewis declined to update his status according to Fletcher Page of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Green had been out since Week 8 with a toe injury but returned to the field on Sunday against the Denver Broncos.
He did not stay there long as he crumpled to the ground with a non-contact foot injury after catching one pass for seven yards and was carried off in a cart.
Apparently the Bengals will update his status when they return to practice on Wednesday but it seems likely he is done for the season. Even with the coaching staff struggling to save their jobs, it would be foolish to risk the team’s best offensive weapon further in a lost season with a backup quarterback.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on