The Bengals on Saturday quickly filled the need left open by the departure of AJ McCarron to Buffalo. They signed former USC quarterback Matt Barkley in a deal to compete to backup Andy Dalton, Paul Dehner of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.
Barkley was drafted in the fourth round by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2013. This will mark his fifth team in six seasons.
His only starting experience game during a six-game run with the Bears in 2016. Chicago went 1-5 during the season with eight touchdowns against 14 interceptions and a QB rating of 68.3.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on