Both linebacker Vontaze Burfict and rookie running back Joe Mixon have cleared the concussion protocol and are expected to play for the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 16 according to Jay Morrison of Cox Media Group.
Both players were hurt in the team’s Week 13 game against the Pittsburgh Steelers and have been out ever since. Burfict holds PFF’s No. 4 grade among 4-3 outside linebackers this year. The Bengals defense has been an absolute trainwreck without him the past two weeks.
Mixon has had an up-and-down rookie season but has gradually taken over as the team’s starting running back with 157 rushes for 518 yards and four touchdowns. Those are rather pedestrian numbers for a player with Mixon’s level of physical talent coming out of college but most of the blame should be placed on the offensive line rather than any of the Cincy running backs. Mixon should resume his role as a workhorse this weekend against the Detroit Lions, sending Gio Bernard back to his familiar role as a th
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on