Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict is going to pay for his late hit on Steelers WR Antonio Brown that put the Steelers in field goal range in Saturday’s loss.
Here’s the story from USA Today:
Burfict has been suspended three games for a malicious hit on Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown in Pittsburgh’s 18-16 win over Cincinnati Saturday in the AFC Wild Card round of the playoffs.
Brown remained on the field, possibly having lost consciousness after the hit, but was able to walk off the field under his own power.
Bengals cornerback Adam Jones said immediately following the game, and again on the Dan Patrick Show Monday, Brown was “faking” the injury, and should be given “an Academy Award and a Grammy” for it.
It appears clearly on replay Burfict’s shoulder and forearm connect with Brown’s head well after an errant pass sailed over Brown at the middle of the field.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on