Marvin Lewis said his team received a bit of motivation from watching a locker room video led by San Diego coach Mike McCoy after the Chargers clinched a playoff spot with a Week 17 overtime win over Kansas City, Eric Williams of ESPN.com reports.
“Listening to them in the locker room after they won the last game … they’re pointing to us,” Lewis told a San Diego-area reporter during a conference call Wednesday. “They feel like they owe us. So we’ll be ready to go.”
Lewis noted that in the video there were some “Who Dey” Bengals chants as well as a couple of players saying they owed Cincinnati after San Diego fell 17-10 to the Bengals at home Dec. 1.
Asked if the video provided bulletin-board material for his group, Lewis said his team would be ready regardless of the video.
“It was just a reminder of what we’re up against,” Lewis said. “I thought Mike made great points to his football team. This is the playoffs now. And everything gets ratcheted up.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on