I didn’t have time to write much last night (and will likely be in the same boat next Sunday), so here’s what others were saying about Cincinnati’s 34-27 victory over Cleveland on Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium.
• Paul Daugherty waxes poetically about the emergence of Andrew Hawkins. He’s developing into a game-changer with open-field moves like Dante Hall had for the Chiefs a decade ago.
• Early indications are not good for defensive end Jamaal Anderson. Joe Reedy reports that Anderson, who was carted off the field during Sunday’s victory, is likely lost for the season with what appears to be a torn quad. We should learn more today.
• Andy Dalton got sacked six times and missed some open throws early but ended the day completing nearly 80 percent of his passes.
• Geoff Hobson offers up some interesting numbers on the receivers. Sunday was the first time since 1989 that four Bengals had 56 or more receiving yards in one contest.
• Defensive snaps breakdown: Rey shoulders the load in Howard’s absence more than Burfict.
• Offensive snaps breakdown: No rotation on the o-line but much five wideouts see the field for more than 10 plays.
• The Cincinnati defense again allowed the floodgates to open late in the contest.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on