With the 156th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals selected … Shaun Prater, cornerback from Iowa.
The Bengals added more young depth to a position that has gone from strength to question mark in less than a year. Prater, a 2011 All-Big 10 Team selection, had 43 tackles and an interception last year after racking up 68 tackles and four interceptions as a junior. The three-year starter for the Hawkeyes will need to show some of the cover and ball skills from his junior year to see the field early for Cincinnati.
Cincinnati has two late picks still to come in Round 5. Stay with Bengals Gab (Twitter: @BengalsGab) for more.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on