Bengals cornerback Adam Jones has been cleared to return to practice, the team announced on Monday.
Jones has been on the Bengals’ physically unable to perform list. By returning to practice today, the Bengals are starting the three-week window to add Jones to the 53-man roster. Until they do so, they will have a roster exemption.
Signed to a two-year deal by the Bengals in 2010, Jones had won the team’s No. 3 cornerback role and had 14 tackles and an interception in fives games last season before suffering a herniated disc that required surgery. Jones also returned punts and kicks for the Bengals prior to his injury.
The Bengals rank No. 1 in total defense and are No. 2 against the pass, but are tied with the Miami Dolphins and Pittsburgh Steelers with a league-low two interceptions on the season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on