By Andrew Auger
It’s something I have been pondering given the temporary quarterback situation here in Seattle.
What happens if Carson Palmer reports before the regular season in Cincinnati, forcing them to keep him for $11.5 million, trade him, or release him.
What happens when teams start hearing the whispers that they don’t want to keep him, and when that goes around, teams will just sit and wait for them to release him.
It’s a situation Palmer has tons of leverage in. The team has already committed to Andy Dalton as their franchise quarterback, they know that, fans know that, and other teams know that as well.
They are probably not about to install Palmer as the starter if he arrives, and they are definitely not paying him $11.5 million to sit on the bench either.
The only team really being linked to Palmer at this point has been the Seattle Seahawks. Palmer has moved his family to Seattle and it seems if he’s serious about retiring that if he were to play football he would want to play near his family.
Click HERE to read the rest
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on