The young Bengals may be without CB Adam Jones for the start of the season, as Geoff Hobson at Bengals.com says that the corner may start the season on the physically unable to perform list (PUP) and miss the first six weeks of the 2011 season.
Jones has stepped up his rehab now that he’s wearing his helmet in drills on the side, but is still quite a ways away from returning. “They said they don’t know, but most likely,” Jones said after Sunday’s practice. “Nothing is set in stone.”
The team is for now being careful with Jones, as he had two surgeries on his herniated neck disk. One ended his first Bengals season last October and the other one this past July knocked him out of training camp.
“The doctor told me I was healed,” Jones said. “Hopefully they’re going to (PUP) me because it’s a long-term thing and not just for this season. They want me healthy for not just this season. That’s the way I’m looking at it.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on