The Bengals are wasting no time getting the Andy Dalton era underway. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said Dalton will be the starter at quarterback in Cincinnati’s preseason opener Friday night against the Lions.
It could be the first of many starts for Dalton in a Bengals uniform. He was drafted in the second round in April to replace veteran Carson Palmer, who demanded to be traded and subsequently retired.
“It’s a good opportunity for me,” Dalton said after Monday night’s practice. “I knew once I got drafted here there was going to be an opportunity. I feel I’ve come out and worked hard and tried to get better each day. That’s all I can do right now.” The Bengals may keep Dalton and the first team on the field longer than usual, according to Lewis. “We haven’t had all the offseason work that you normally would have,” Lewis said. “So I think we need to play together as a football team on both sides of the ball.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on