Maybe a change of scenery will do Manny Lawson good.
The former 49ers linebacker signed a one-year deal, worth $3 million with the Bengals, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer, through a league source.
With first-round pick Aldon Smith (seventh overall, Missouri) on board with the Niners, Lawson became expendable, and now the Bengals are taking a chance on the talented, yet, inconsistent ‘backer.
Manny is a low-risk, high-reward proposition for defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, who possesses a decorated trio of linebackers (Keith Rivers, Rey Maualuga) to support a solid front four.
The North Carolina State product will also join former 49er teammate Nate Clements in the Queen City.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on