Soon to be free agent running back Cedric Benson is trying to clear his name. The Bengals RB’s lawyer put out a statement last night that says that the back is a victim of extortion.
Various media outlets released a statement by running back Cedric Benson’s lawyer Wednesday night that says his client is a victim of extortion. David Cornwell, one of the nation’s most prominent sports attorneys, said the lawyer for the man making the misdemeanor assault charge with injury against Benson has threatened to go to the media (“including TMZ”) if demands for a settlement meeting weren’t met.
Clavens “Miami” Charles, a former roommate of Benson’s, was involved in an incident last weekend in Austin, Tex., in which Benson was charged. “We have learned that Mr. Charles’ representatives have contacted at least one public relations firm to assist them with publicity,” Cornwell said in the statement. “There is nothing to settle with Charles. In fact, we intend to confront Charles in defending the misdemeanor charges against Cedric. Cedric did not act without provocation.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on