Bengals DT Tank Johnson appeared on Sirius NFL Radio’s Late Hits with Bryan McGorvern and Solomon Wilcots Thursday night by way of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Johnson said he was surprised at Carson Palmers trade request, but agreed with RB Cedric Benson, when he said that bringing Carson back isn’t good for the team.
When asked what went wrong with the Bengals in 2010, he went on to say that the whole “Chad and T.O. show” was too much for this “humble” team. He said that with the star WR’s coming into the season, fresh off of their reality shows, it brought to much hype to a team that did things differently in 2009. He said in 2009, players played for each other, played for the coaches, and played for the owners. And in 2010 the team didn’t have that.
Tank went on to explain himself, which I thought was very important. Statements like these usually create a headline, and it seems like the player is calling out his teammates, which Tank didn’t do.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on