Jim Corbett of USA Today reports Bengals offensive lineman Andrew Whitworth says the longer the NFL lockout goes on, the more threat there could be to the quality of football that would be played in the eventual 2011 season.
“Guys are human beings. And if you tell guys ‘It doesn’t look like you’re doing anything until July or August,’ guys will lose a lot of incentive to train and to get better,” said Whitworth, the Bengals’ player rep.
“You will get a lot of guys who will say, ‘We’re not even going to play. I’m not going to work hard all the time.’
“You’re going to ruin the chance for quality football. There will be more injuries and things that affect the game. Period.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on