The buzz about Carson Palmer seems to have him landing in San Fran. Ever since word came out that Palmer wanted to be moved, the 49ers have been the one team on the list that seems like a fit. Today on Cincinnati.com they report again that the Niners and Palmer are a match made in heaven if in fact the Bengals move him.
First, few believe the Bengals will grant Carson Palmer’s reported wish to be traded, but a few teams may be interested. One possible destination for Palmer if he is traded is San Francisco. Alex Smith has struggled to keep his starting job after begin taken with the first pick in the 2005 draft and is now a free agent, although new coach Jim Harbaugh has said he is excited to work with him.
New 49ers general manager Trent Baalke would not discuss the possibility of a trade because he would risk a tampering violation due to the fact that Palmer is under contract with the Bengals. “We’re going to take a look at every option to make our team better whether it is free agency, the draft or a trade,” Baalke said.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on