PFT reports tonight that Jon Gruden’s younger brother, Jay, is Marvin Lewis’ choice to replace Bob Bratkowski as offensive coordinator in the ‘Nati.
Gruden fits the bill for the Bengals as a young (43) up-and-coming offensive coach with a solid pedigree. The former Louisville QB has coached two teams to Arena League titles, and coached the UFL’s Florida Tuskers to the championship game this past season. The Tuskers folded to become the expansion Virginia Destroyers.
After his college career as QB at Louisville, Gruden played professionally for the Barcelona Dragons of the WLAF, as well as the Orlando Predators and Tampa Bay Storm of the AFL.
His NFL experience is as an offensive assistant on Jon Gruden’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 2002 to 2008.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on