Geoff Hobson over at the mothership posted an article Thursday night recounting a very interesting interview he had recently with WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, the former Bengals standout and current role-player on the playoff-bound Ravens team that will face Cincinnati on Sunday.
Among T.J.’s revelations was a strong feeling that Carson Palmer is still an elite quarterback in the National Football League.
“The media is banging Carson, but he’s the real deal,” Houshmandzadeh said. “Ask me if I think he’s still a top quarterback.”
Is he still a top quarterback?
“Does a bear crap in the woods?” Houshmandzadeh asked. “You’re looking at a guy who had pretty much all new receivers. You’d see him lead guys to the spot and it would get intercepted. Who is going to get blamed? They weren’t on the same page. T.O. was new. Shipley was a rookie. Chad freelances. Then you press and force it. But the guy can still sling it.”
I found this to be an especially revealing comment as:
- He gives Carson Palmer a full vote of confidence. Considering he has always been very outspoken and has never shied away from criticizing the team, I believe this wasn’t just him being politically correct.
- He confirms what has been our suspicion for a while now, that Chad, “Freelances.” There has been speculation for several weeks that Carson has not been able to rely on T.O. or Chad to be where they are supposed to be, and that they give up on plays.
To me, this is more proof that Carson will be back next year, and Chad won’t.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on