The Bengals have a new kicker for the injured Mike Nugent, as the team has inked former Ohio State University kicker Aaron Pettrey.
Nugent was lost for the season after tearing a knee ligament during a successful onside kick play in the closing minutes of Sunday’s 23-17 loss at Indianapolis.
Pettrey joined Carolina in April as a college free agent, was waived, then played in one preseason game for Detroit. He missed a 42-yard field goal try and made a point-after kick.
The Bengals also Tuesday signed free agent offensive tackle Kirk Chambers, a sixth-year NFL player from Stanford who has played for the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on