Early reports are that 3rd-down specialist Brian Leonard will miss 4 to 6 weeks with a sprained foot. This is not good news for a team that relies on Leonard’s versatility running and receiving. At this point, Leonard may be back for the opener, but his absence may linger beyond week one. Foot injuries, especially for running backs, require time off to heal.
Add to this a lingering injury to Cedric Peerman, and an underwhelming performance from Cordera Eason (an undrafted free agent), and it looks like the team may need to grab a running back in the next few days.
Look for the team to have some backs in for a try-out tomorrow.
Brian Westbrook, an outstanding pass-catching back, is still waiting for a phone call.
I’m just saying…
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on