Today the Bengals announced that they have claimed former UVA standout RB Cedric Peerman off waivers from the Detroit Lions.
Editor’s Notes: As a UVA fan and observer living in Virginia, I can tell those of you who don’t know him that he’s a solid back in the same mold as Cedric Benson, albeit less talented. He is effective running between the tackles, and was very productive, if unspectacular, for Al Groh’s Wahoos before matriculating to the next level. He does have a bit of an injury history, and has had fumble problems in the past. The fact that he couldn’t make the roster in Cleveland and Detroit is troublesome.
Again, as a UVA follower, I much more interested in Mikell Simpson, a back with a lot more game-breaking ability that the Bengals signed as a college free agent.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on