The Bengals announced the re-signing of two key members of their linebacker corps this week. WILL backer Brandon Johnson signed on April 16th and SAM backer Rashad Jeanty followed on April 17th. Both were tendered restricted free agents and were starters at the end of last season.
Johnson replaced first round pick Keith Rivers after he was lost for the season against Pittsburgh in week seven. Jeanty, a former CFL standout, has become a favorite of Coach Marvin Lewis and earned a reputation as a stout run defender and special teamer.
The signings maintain continuity for Defensive Coordinator Mike Zimmer’s improving defense. The Bengals also signed S Chris Crocker and DT Tank Johnson earlier in the offseason.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on