With recent rumors that Cincinnati Bengals free agent WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh could find new employment in San Francisco or Seattle this offseason, the 2007 Pro Bowl receiver wouldn’t mind an extended stay in Cincinnati.
“I don’t think what people realize is I wouldn’t mind coming back,” the San Francisco resident said. “I just want a choice. I just want to see what else is out there. I’m not going to take the biggest deal to play on Mars.”
Houshmandzadeh, 31, has led the Bengals in receptions for three straight years while totaling 29 touchdowns during that span. Clearly Cincinnati’s best offensive weapon in 2008, the Bengals have a couple of options for resigning Housh: (1) slap him with the $10 million WR franchise tag by February 22 or (2) sign him long term. Signing Houshmanzadeh may definitely be the right thing to do if they money’s right, especially when QB Carson Palmer will be back healthy in 2009. But the Bengals will have decisions to make with Housh, Ocho Cinco and Benson all free agents this offseason.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on