The Bengals open their eighth season in Paul Brown Stadium this Saturday against the New Orleans Saints, a resurgent team looking to improve on last season’s 10-6 record and NFC Championship Game appearance.
The Saints’ newfound stature will be part of an atmosphere sure to be intense by NFL preseason standards. The loyal Bengals fan base has sold out Paul Brown Stadium in advance for the second straight season, and the empty seats of summertime no-shows may be harder to find than a breeze during this month’s Cincinnati heat wave. Last season, the two sold-out home preseason games each produced turnstile counts of more than 60,000.
“We are excited to be back in front of our great fans in The Jungle,” said head coach Marvin Lewis. “We believe we can be a championship team, and our home field advantage is a big part of that.” The Saints lead the Bengals 4-1 in preseason play, including 2-1 in games at Cincinnati.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on