Numberfire.com has out a list of one player for each AFC team they think might be on the chopping block this offseason.
For the Bengals the site has picked QB Andy Dalton as the player that could find himself released. Here’s what they have to say about Dalton getting cut.
Cincinnati Bengals – QB Andy Dalton
Dead Cap Hit $1M, Cap Saving $17.7M
The writing has long been on the wall regarding the end of the Andy Dalton era with the Cincinnati Bengals. They benched him in favor of Ryan Finley during the season, only to go back to him once they realized Finley simply wasn’t up to the role of being a starting NFL quarterback. Dalton was not at his best on the woeful Bengals to be brutally honest.
He posted a new career-low in adjusted yards per attempt (6.0), and his passer rating and QBR were also the lowest he has ever had. Among the 20 quarterbacks with at least 500 drop backs, Dalton was joint last with 0.01 Passing NEP per drop back. The Bengals will be taking a quarterback with the first overall pick in the draft — you can bank on it
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on