Speaking to the media on Thursday, Bengals head coach Zac Taylor was adamant that the team would not consider trading contract-year wide receiver A.J. Green according to Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic.
“I’ve heard the speculation,” Taylor said. “We are not trading that guy.” Taylor came across as “definitive” to the assembled media. If true, it better mean the Bengals are all in on re-signing Green, because otherwise the stance makes no sense.
Of course, a rebuilding team signing a 31-year-old wideout who has not yet seen the field in 2019 to a massive longterm contract does not make much sense either. Despite hiring a young and innovative rookie head coach, the Bengals organization seems to often find themselves stuck in the past with many of their decisions-trying to relive the glory days of a roster that never managed to win a single playoff game.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on