Raiders linebacker Vontaze Burfict, who spent his first seven National Football League seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals, took a clear shot at his former team with a quote in a story by The Associated Press’ Michael Wagaman previewing the Raiders’ upcoming appearance in HBO’s Hard Knocks, Dave Clark of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.
“I just think it’s exciting for people to see what type of team we have because the team chemistry we have is just amazing,” Burfict said. “This is my second team, but it’s the first time I’ve had a team like this and everybody gets along. It doesn’t matter what type of day it is. We’re all here to see each other get better and motivate each other. We’ve got a lot of characters, in a good way.”
The Bengals are scheduled to visit the Raiders in Week 11 – on Nov. 17.
The 28-year-old Burfict signed a one-year contract with the Raiders in March. He insisted in May in an ESPN article that he is “not a dirty player” and that “every team plays a little bit after the whistle.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on