Almost two years to the day when John Ross lit Lucas Oil Stadium ablaze with a 4.22 40-yard-dash in the NFL Scouting Combine, the receiver is quickly running out of time in Cincinnati, Jeremy Bergman of NFL.com reports.
The Bengals are shopping Ross after just two seasons with the club, sources told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport on Tuesday.
Drafted ninth overall in the 2017 NFL Draft on the strength of that record-breaking 40 time, Ross missed most of his rookie year due to injury, failing to record a single reception. In 2018, Ross bounced back somewhat, tallying seven touchdowns on just 21 receptions for 210 yards over 13 games played.
If Ross is to be swapped for picks or players, Cincy would be left with starting wideouts A.J. Green and Tyler Boyd, both of whom are only signed through 2019.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on