Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict will NOT have to serve a five-game suspension after all, as today it was announced that his suspension has been reduced from five to three games.
The suspension stems from a hit on Kansas City Chiefs fullback Anthony Sherman. The suspension was appealed and after hearing all the facts in the case the result was a slight reduction in the sit down.
Coach Marvin Lewis spoke out in support of the linebacker, as well as the team, who need the leadership of the vet on the field as much as they can.
“I was kind of surprised,” Burfict said of the suspension.
“Obviously with the play being within the rules I’m kind of surprised, but you’ve got to play with the cards you’re dealt. I let my teammates down, I let my coaches down.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on