The Bengals have re-signed starting cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick.
The deal to bring Kirkpatrick back is a five-year deal worth close to $52.5 million, Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.
The No. 17 pick in the 2012 draft, Kirkpatrick has come into his own since assuming a starting role in 2015.
The 27-year-old tied his career high in interceptions with three and broke up 10 passes last year.
Kirkpatrick played 2016 under a fifth-year option exercised by the Bengals, which paid him slightly more than $7.5 million.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on