The Bengals claimed rookie Jeff Driskel off waivers from San Francisco on Sunday, giving them a No. 3 quarterback, the Associated Press reports.
Driskel, from Louisiana Tech, played in four preseason games for the 49ers and went 15 of 31 for 132 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions. He started 13 games at Louisiana Tech last season, throwing for 4,033 yards with 27 touchdowns and eight interceptions.
The move came a day after the Bengals waived Keith Wenning, who was their third-string quarterback last season behind Andy Dalton and AJ McCarron.
Cincinnati also waived linebacker P.J. Dawson, who played in 11 games as a rookie last season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on