Star wide out A.J. Green of the Bengals is done with his contract next Summer unless he and the Bengals come to a deal before then. Coley Harvey of ESPN wrote today about the situation.
“You know I watch ESPN all the time, and that’s all they talk about,” Green said Thursday during his camp for area children. “But like I say, I’m just here to play football. My body of work will speak for itself.”
Set to make $10.18 million in 2015 as part of his fifth-year option, Green expects to seek a new contract by season’s end. He still could receive a long-term deal at some point this offseason, but even he knows that’s a slim possibility right now.
“I don’t get into all the ‘I need a contract’ stuff,” he said. “I’m not here for money. I’m not broke. So I’m fine. I can wait until the end of the year to get a contract, but I know that time is coming.”
Instead of getting a new deal this summer, it is more likely one of two scenarios plays out: Either Green receives a new long-term contract at some point next year, or he gets slapped with the Bengals’ franchise tag in March.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on