Cornerback Adam Jones has re-signed with the Bengals according to a report from Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer. The Bengals have confirmed that Jones signed a one-year deal.
The defensive back formerly known as “Pacman” will be entering his third season with Cincinnati. In two previous years, he’s played in 14 games (nine starts) and racked up 46 tackles, defended nine passes and hauled in an interception Jones stepped into the starting lineup last year when Leon Hall suffered a season-ending torn Achillies.
Jones has averaged 10.0 yards in his 91 career punt returns. He has returned four punts for touchdowns in his career, but none since 2006 (28 returns). Jones will likely enter camp as the teams No. 4 cornerback behind Leon Hall, Nate Clements and free agent signee Jason Allen. He brings great value on special teams and fantastic athletic ability and depth to the Bengals secondary.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on