Bengals linebacker Rey Maualuga, charged with assault, didn’t appear in court Friday but his lawyer did and filed a written plea of not guilty according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Attorney Ed Perry, in a routine procedure, filed the written plea. The case has been assigned to Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge Heather Russell.
Maualuga, 25, of Downtown, was accused of assault after bar employee Sammy Laham accused the 6-foot-3, 250-pound Bengal linebacker of punching him in the face inside the bar in the 600 block of Main Street in the early morning hours of Feb. 5.
The assault charge is a misdemeanor that carries a maximum sentence of 180 days in jail.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on