Bengals linebacker Rey Maualuga has been charged with assault stemming from a downtown Cincinnati bar incident.
“One of them said something at which point I repeated myself, that they had to leave, and then Rey Maualuga got up, took three or four steps and punched me in the face, more noticeably the eye, then my nose started to bleed,” said Sammy Laham, Luxe manager. “Then security diffused the situation.”
A 2009 second-round pick out of USC, Maualuga was arrested and plead guilty to DUI charges following his rookie season. Maualuga quickly checked into the Betty Ford Clinic in Rancho Mirage, California for a 30-day treatment for alcohol abuse. Over the last two seasons, Maualuga, who turned 25 in late January, has started 28 of 29 games and has registered 163 tackles, one quarterback sack, three interceptions and three forced fumbles.
Maualuga is scheduled to earn $615,000 with a $25,000 reporting bonus in 2012, the final year of his rookie contract.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on