The Bengals announced that they have placed defensive tackle Pat Sims on injured reserve.
A 2008 third-round pick out of Auburn, Sims had 20 tackles, including one quarterback sack, in 11 games (one start) this season. Over his four-year career with the Bengals, the 6-foot-2, 330-pound Sims has 121 tackles and five quarterback sacks.
Sims missed last week’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers with an ankle injury. Sims will be an unrestricted free agent in the offseason.
Replacing Sims on the 53-man roster is Nick Hayden, who had 31 tackles and a quarterback sack in 10 starts for the 2010 Carolina Panthers. Hayden has 51 tackles and two quarterback sacks in 26 NFL games, all with the Panthers over the last three seasons.
Hayden had a workout with the Atlanta Falcons earlier this season and visited the Bengals on Tuesday.
The Bengals also signed defensive tackle Swanson Miller to the practice squad, releasing defensive tackle Cornell Banks.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on