For the 2nd time in three weeks, the Browns were the victim of a bad snap. This time it came as kicker Phil Dawson was looking to attempt a 55-yard field goal that would have given Cleveland a 23-20 lead with just less than 2 minutes left.
Instead, long snapper Ryan Pontbriand rolled the snap back, and Dawson missed the long kick. Bengals QB Andy Dalton then went to work, hitting WR A.J. Green for a 51-yard gain that set up kicker Mike Nugent for a 26-yard field goal that won the game with :38 seconds left.
Cleveland led the game 17-7 at the half, but their offense went into a shell in the second half, as they scored just three points while Dalton and the Bengals rallied for their 7th win against four losses.
The Browns fall to 4-7 on the season, and will be at home for the Ravens next week. The Bengals are still in the hunt for a playoff spot in the AFC, and remain back of the Ravens and Steelers in the North.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on