Right guard Bobbie Williams is back practicing with the Bengals after completing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.
He’s gotten a lot slimmer since the last time they saw him.
The 35-year-old lineman says he worked hard during the suspension and lost 12 pounds. Coach Marvin Lewis says it’s apparent that Williams used the time away for something good. The Bengals will decide later this week whether to activate Williams for a game on Sunday in Jacksonville.
They have a one-week roster exemption on Williams, who can balance their run game when he’s in the lineup. The Bengals used two replacements for Williams and both struggled, forcing them to run mostly to the other side of the field.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on