After meeting with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to appeal his three-game suspension, Bengals running back Cedric Benson says he’s playing this Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.
“I’m playing this week. I know I am,” Benson said via Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer. “We had a good meeting yesterday. I had a lot of facts to back us and now we’ll hope for the best outcome and see what happens.”
The league has not made a post-hearing ruling, which generally indicates that the matter is still under appeal and will remain so through the weekend.
Benson had 25 carries for 121 yards and a touchdown in Week 1, but has just 123 yards on 33 carries over the last two weeks, both of which the Bengals have lost. The 3-0 Bills have the NFL’s 24th-ranked run defense, an improvement over 2010, when they ranked dead last against the run.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on