Quarterback Carson Palmer, engaged in a standoff with the Bengals that has lasted all offseason, is reportedly accusing the team of spiting his brother Jordan, the Bengals’ third-string quarterback.
According to ProFootballTalk.com, Dennis Janson of WCPO tweeted Wednesday night: “Carson Palmer tells friend, #Bengals are toying with brother Jordan. Few reps etc. Expects him to be cut but too late to sign elsewhere.”
Carson Palmer told the Bengals after last season that he would retire if the team didn’t trade him. The Bengals have maintained they will not trade Palmer, and so far the 31-year-old has been true to his word. He was placed on a reserve list when he didn’t report to camp, but apparently has not made his retirement official with the NFL. Jordan Palmer, 27, re-signed with the team in July, accepting his restricted free-agency tender, but the contract isn’t guaranteed and he can be cut at any time.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on