Bengals alternate player representative Reggie Kelly told Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer there was consternation among the players on Thursday about how owners announced they had ratified a deal as if that ended the lockout, shifting pressure to players. He said things seemed to calm down on Friday.
“I think guys at first were angry yesterday because the first time we heard about the proposal was on TV when they voted on it,” Kelly said. “You need to negotiate and do it the right way.
“People have started to cool off. It’s not about egos and personal feelings. It’s a business. All in all it’s going to work out and we’re going to be ready to play.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on