Jerome Simpson has not had that many opportunities to contribute to the Bengals offense during the regular season in his first 3 years in the NFL, but Bengal fans had to like the way he ended the 2010 season when he was given the chance to play more. During the last 2 games (weeks 16 and 17) he had 18 receptions for 247 yards and 3 touchdowns.
In a recent interview with FoxSports.com new offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said about Simpson: “He shows athletically that he’s an NFL receiver. Again, it’s consistency. He had a couple fumbles, and he sometimes has trouble lining up. Mentally, he’s got to get going and eliminate the dropsies. But from a talent standpoint, he’s exciting.””
After only making 1 reception for 2 yards during his first two seasons in the league he finished last year with 20 catches for 277 yards and 3 TD’s. If the team decides to part ways with Chad Ochocinco they should still have plenty of targets who can get the job done in Simpson, 1st round pick A.J. Green, Jordan Shipley, and Jermaine Gresham.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on