Bengals.com has a piece on the news, with these official statements from Marvin Lewis and the Sith Lord himself:
Mike Brown’s statement:
“Bob is an intelligent coach and as fine an individual as you will find in the profession, though the time is right for us to make a change, I thank him for his service here and wish him the best.”
“I want to thank Bob for his role in helping us win two division championships, but after reviewing our season in depth, we’ve decided it’s best for the team to make this change at this time.”
Also of note was Hobson claiming that Brad Childress “decided” not to join the staff as OC. Earlier indications from behind the striped curtain were that Chilly was never offered the job and that Mike Brown refused to hire him.
A lot of speculation has also centered around QB Coach Ken Zampese getting the job, but Hobson indicates it will most likely be an outside hire. Besides Zampese, the other internal candidate that could have been considered would be WR Coach Mike Sheppard, who has experience as an NFL OC in New Orleans.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on