The Bengal passing attack found new life Sunday in a swirling wind against the league’s number 1 defense, and the two men most directly responsible are up for weekly awards.
WR Jerome Simpson is a finalist for the “GMC NEVER SAY NEVER MOMENT OF THE WEEK.” The award is given for the “best moment or play of the week that represents determination and perseverance.” Simpson caught 6 passes for 124 yards and 2 touchdowns in just his second start.
You can vote for Simpson by clicking here.
QB Carson Palmer is up for this week’s FedEx Air Player of the Week award for his performance. Palmer was 10-for-10 in the first half and eventually went 16-for-21 with 269 yards and four touchdowns. Palmer threw two to the aforementioned Simpson, plus one each to rookies Jordan Shipley and Jermaine Gresham. Palmer threw no interceptions, and finished with the best QB rating of his career at 157.2.
Vote for Carson here.
As a side note, both Simpson and Palmer were nominated for AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors as well, but Kansas City’s Dwayne Bowe took home the hardware.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on