New National Football Post writer Dan Pompei wrote in his Sunday Blitz column the top 10 teams in the NFL on paper right now, and the Bengals are #9 on the list:
1. Vikings: I thought they were the most talented team on paper last season, and nothing has changed to make me think otherwise. So yes, I’m assuming what you are assuming about No. 4.
2. Ravens: If they were healthier last season, they might have given the Colts a run for the AFC title. An offense on the brink added Anquan Boldin, a red plus receiver.
3. Cowboys: There are some underachievers on this team, but the talent is very strong, almost across the board.
4. Packers: If the cornerbacks don’t start playing old, the Packers should have strong talent at every position on the field.
5. Chargers: The talent level isn’t quite what it was a couple of years ago, but the Chargers could be a better team.
6. Jets: Mike Tannenbaum has assembled an all-star roster. Now let’s see if they can play well together.
7. Colts: This is a team that plays better than its talent because Peyton Manning lifts up everyone around him.
8. Saints: There are quite a few teams with more talent on defense than the Saints, but the New Orleans offense makes up for it.
9. Bengals: Some really gifted reclamation projects like Antonio Bryant, Cedric Benson and Tank Johnson put this team in the upper echelon of talent.
10. Falcons: This team has a lot of young talent that could look better in January than it does in July.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.