In a relatively slow day in Bengal-land lately, there are only two news stories to report:
TMZ Reports that Corey Dillon will not, after all, face charges stemming from his arrest for spousal abuse on May 1st. Frankly, I could give a rip about this as it has absolutely nothing to do with the 2010 campaign, but since he’s a ‘former’ Bengal, and therefore may be of some modicum of interest to you, there you go.
The team also added two more players to the bottom-end of the roster in advance of the summer camps. The team signed CFA CB Johnny Sears from Eastern Michigan, and Rashard Mendenhall’s older brother, Walter. Walter is the lesser known and lesser talented of the Mendenhall brothers, having been unable to make a lasting impression during stints in Philadelphia, Indianapolis, and Buffalo since coming out of Illinois State in 2009.
Sears was one of the 25 CFA’s that participated in the recent rookie camp on a try-out basis.
Don’t expect either to make the club.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on