The Cincinnati Enquirer’s Joe Reedy reports that Bengals back-up center Jonathan Luigs is out until training camp after having surgery on his hip:
Jonathan Luigs is out until training camp after undergoing hip surgery. For someone who only played eight games last year, mainly on special teams, the time out there for the on-field coaching sessions and minicamp in May and June would have helped his Luigs development.
The news was also confirmed by Geoff Hobson on Bengals.com. Luigs is considered the top back-up at the center position behind Kyle Cook. How this impacts the team’s draft strategy is unknown, though adding bodies to the offensive line in the late rounds and post-draft free agency is expected.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on